If you’re here, it’s probably because you like the sound of “extra money.” Well, you’re in luck because I like the sound of spare money too so I’ve done some research and compiled a list of profitable online side hustles to share with you so we can all make some extra cash!
I’ve tried time and time again to make money online only to find scam after scam, so I made sure to do some deep research for this list so I can only bring you the legit ways to make money online.
I’m sure you must be waiting for the good part so without further delay, away we go!
People are shopping online more and more every year because it’s come easier and more convenient since there’s no going to the supermarket, no waiting in lines and zero parking lot drama, so selling stuff online has become very profitable. Here are some examples:
- Avon – Avon has been around for over a century! It was started in 1886 and it’s still a booming company so you’re pretty guaranteed that the company won’t be closing shop any time soon.
- Scentsy – Scentsy was founded in 2003, not as long as Avon but it’s still been around for 17 years and has a remarkable market! I mean, who doesn’t love smelling some great scents all day at home and in the car!
- BeautyCounter – BeautyCounter has been around since 2013 and it is a company that thrives on their all-natural beauty products so it’s a pretty popular company. They test all their ingredients before putting it in their products to make sure it’s not harmful. They do NOT test on animals either!
- Younique – Younique was founded in 2012. They’re also a high-end beauty product company and its said that they’re products are chemical, toxin and gluten free. Younique also doesn’t test on animals but they do note that some of their raw ingredients may have come from comnaies that do test on animals.
- Sell Stuff On eBay – this one is pretty straight forward. If you have extra stuff that you don’t want or need you could ways try to sell it on eBay. There’s tons of stuff you can sell on eBay!
- Sell Stuff On Amazon – again, very straightforward. You can sell SO MANY THINGS on Amazon. A lot of people have done very well by buying stuff in bulk for cheap and selling it on Amazon at a higher price to make commission. That’s just one example.
- Dropshipping – dropshipping has become more popular since you don’t need to buy in bulk and have a place to store your stuff while you’re waiting for it to get sold. You also don’t have to deal with packaging or shipping.
Cashback Shopping Apps
Why not get some money back from shopping with some cashback apps!? Here’s a list of the best ones that I found:
- Swagbucks ( available in Canada and USA )
- Checkout 51 ( available in Canada and USA )
- Rakuten ( formerly known as Ebates, available in Canada and USA )
- Drop ( available in Canada and USA )
- Caddle ( only available in Canada )
- Paymi ( only available in Canada )
- Topcashback ( available worldwide )
- Ibotta ( only available in USA )
- Paribus ( only available in USA )
- My Points ( only available in USA )
There are A LOT of online survey sites on the world wide web. Unfortunately, some of them are scams like many other things. Here’s how to avoid survey scams:
- If they ask you to pay to register – you should never have to pay to register for a survey website.
- They ask you for your personal information – credit card info, SIN or SNN
- Minimun payout is too high – your minimum payout should be hundreds of dollars. In fact, from the research I’ve done, the highest minimum payout was $40
- When the offer sounds too good to be true – then it probably is. from my research, it seems the highest paying sites say “up to $50” so I’d say anything above that is probably a scam.
Here’s a list of the top survey sites that I found:
- Swagbucks ( available in CA – US – UK and more. Minimum payout is $5 )
- Survey Junkie ( available in CA – US – AU. Minimum payout is $10 )
- Pinecone Research ( available in CA – US – UK. Minimum payout is $3 )
- Daily Rewards ( only available in Canada. Minimum payout is $30 )
- Opinion Outpost ( available in CA – US – UK and more. Minimum payout is $10 )
- American Consumer Opinion ( available worldwide. Minimum payout is $10 )
- MySurvey ( available in CA – US – UK – AU and more. Minimum payout is $10 )
- Global Test Market ( available in CA – US – UK – AU and more. Minimum payout is $40 )
- PrizeRebel ( available in CA – US and more. Minimum payout is $2 )
- Survey Club ( available in CA – US – UK – AU. Minimum payout is $20 )
- Green Panthera ( available in CA – US – UK and more. Minimum payout is $30 )
- CashCrate ( available in CA – US – UK – AU and more. Minimum payout is $20 )
- ClixSense ( available worldwide. Minimum payout is $10 )
- Unique Rewards ( available in CA – US – UK. Minimum payout is $20)
I’m sure there are plenty of other survey sites out there that aren’t scams but it took a lot of time to research the ones I’ve listed here. You could always do your own research is none of the sites above are what you’re looking for, just try to make sure to follow the precautions I’ve listed previously to avoid scams.
Start A Profitable Blog
Now we’ve gotten to my personal favorite! This is my favorite because there’s so many things you can do with a blog! You choose how you want it to look, what you want on your blog and so much more. Basically you choose a niche that you’re passionate about (you can always choose something that you’d like to know about too but you’ll have to do a lot of research before writing your articles.) Once you’ve chosen your niche you start writing!
On your blog you can decide to put some ads, you can sign up for affiliate marketing programs to earn commission from their companies, you can sell your own products, you can do dropshipping or print on demand, there are SO MANY THINGS TO CHOOSE FROM!
There is some learning that comes along with being a newbie blogger but it’s so worth it. A lot of people end up having to learn all about building a website and try to get traffic all on their own but I do I have some great news for you! I’ve found an online gem! It’s called Wealthy Affiliate and it’s the first time I find something online that’ll teach you everything you need to know and then some so you can succeed with your online business.
Making money online has been around for a long time. There are a lot of scams but there are also a lot of legit ways to make either a full-time income online or just some extra cash. Whatever you’re looking for, there’s a place for both but you have to make sure that it’s for real. If an offer seems too good to be true, like those get rich quick schemes there’s way too many of, there’s a pretty good chance it’s not legit.
Don’t get me wrong, there are chances that it’s not a scam but those offers that price to be true are rare. I’ve been there, I’ve tried a lot of them and I also know a lot of people who have been there too. We’ve all ended up at Wealthy Affiliate in different ways but we’re all glad we have found that one gem that is safe and proven.
I also know a lot of people who sell stuff like Younique, BeautyCounter, Scentsy, etc and they do great too. It depends on what you’re comfortable doing and how much time you’ve got to put into whatever it is you want to do. Either way, find something you love doing and shoot for the stars because the sky is the limit!
Thank you all for reading and I hope you’ve found some valuable information here. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them below and I’ll be glad to help you out!
If you liked this, please don’t forget to share with your friends 🙂
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
Original article by Mel Goulet